Home School Science Days
At Adventure Science CenterIt’s a new year and we have three special days of enrichment classes sure to get your students excited about science. You not only get to reserve in advance but can plan the classes you want to attend for the whole year. Details about how these themed days are organized are answered below.
1 - 4 pm
Online Registration is now closed.
Tickets for any open sessions may be purchased on April 7 starting at 11:30 a.m.
- Three days of special science themes geared for students in grades 1-8
- Online registration is available with credit card payment. Online registration opens 4 weeks before each date.
- Programs are scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and may continue to 4 p.m.
- Special discounted pricing saves your family money and provides unique experiences not available to the general public or with ASC membership.
- Registration fees may be paid in advance online so that check-in is quickly processed.
- Exploration in the science center is included in the entry fee. (This offer excludes planetarium shows and Blue Max tickets)
- Students that attend all HomesCool dates become ASC Science Scholars and receive a certificate and a special prize!
- A planetarium program will be included in at least two HomesCool dates during the school year.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND THE HOME SCHOOL PROGRAMS?
Payment in advance is required to attend the HomesCool programs. These events provide all participants with unique programs and opportunities not generally offered to the public visitor or to our membership. Many of the HomesCool programs are specially developed by our educators or are only available to school groups. Public planetarium programs and Blue Max tickets are not included with general admission or home school events. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date. If you are unable to attend, you may try to find another family that can attend in your place.
Members (Adults and students): $10 per person
Non-Members (Adults and students): $12 per person
WHAT IF WE HAVE CHILDREN AND/OR ADULTS THAT WILL NOT ATTEND HOME SCHOOL PROGRAMS?
If you want to visit that day and some of your party will not go into programs, you will pay for them separately upon entry. Anyone entering the Center either pays general admission, pays the member or non-member home school rate in advance, or enters as a visiting member. Public planetarium programs and Blue Max tickets are not included with general admission or home school events.
CAN PARENTS SIT IN ON A SESSION AND WATCH RATHER THAN PAY THE FEE?
Any person (adult or child) in a session pays the registration fee. We encourage parents to join students so that they will know the content of each session. We realize it is sometimes difficult to do this because there may be younger children in the family. If your student is in the 3rd - 8th grade, he/she may attend a program alone. Parents must be in the Center at all times and children are not allowed to be in a classroom without a parent either in the session or on site in the building. All children that attend sessions alone are expected to follow the behavior policy of ASC.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT?
We recommend that you always bring your verification of payment or online receipt. Home school check-in is available starting at 11:30. Please plan your arrival between 11:30 and 12:45 to allow plenty of time to check-in and find the location of your first session. Enter in the Pre-Paid Line and pick up bracelets and programs, then proceed to the scheduled sessions beginning at 1 pm. Programs will begin within 5 minutes after the posted session time (1:05, 2:05, and 3:05). Plan ahead to arrive at least 5 minutes early to a classroom or theater. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS NO LATE ADMISSION TO A SESSION ONCE THE PROGRAM HAS BEGUN. If you miss a session, we suggest exploring in the science center until the next scheduled program.
Any adults and students that are not attending special home school programs go to the Front Desk and pay either general admission rates or show a membership card.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date. If you are unable to attend, we suggest you may try to find another family that can attend in your place. ASC is not responsible for filling a slot because of cancellations.
- No discounts or refunds are given if you choose to attend fewer programs.
- Registrations without completed payment will not be held.
- Only Adventure Science Center memberships qualify for the discounted rate. Reciprocal memberships from other institutions do not apply. Coupons and special discounts do not apply to home school sessions.
- Online registration closes on the Monday before the date of the event at 5:00 pm. Mail-in registration closes one week before the date of the event.
- Members must meet the requirements outlined in membership including showing photo identification upon entry and carrying a membership card.
- Students must be in age-appropriate sessions.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in the removal of a student from the session. No refund will be given.
- Only Parents/chaperones that have registered in advance for a class and paid the fee are allowed entry into the session (unless you have a ticket issued the day of).
- Participants (adults and children) that have registered in advance will be listed on the session roster. Please show either the color-coded bracelet and/or have a special day-of ticket to enter a session.
- Parents/chaperones not going to sessions must always be present in the Center and must pay applicable admission rates as members/non-members. Students may not be dropped off at ASC for sessions. Students must be supervised on the exhibit floor at any time.
Programs will begin within 5 minutes after the posted session time (1:05, 2:05, 3:05). NO LATE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. If you miss a session, please explore in the science center until the next scheduled program.
- Please turn cell phones off and use your breaks to have non-session discussions with other adults.